Internal communications is in transition. With new technology, changes in the workplace, and higher expectations from employees, communicators are more than just content creators. They’re taking on the role of strategists and trusted advisors to leadership, because employee communications is at the core of all business initiatives. And if employees are not informed or engaged, these business initiatives may fail.
Drawing on more than 20 years’ experience in corporate communications at Fortune 500 companies across the financial services, biotechnology, and retail industries, Sonia Fiorenza, VP, Communications & Engagement Strategies at SocialChorus, will present “From order-taker to oracle—how to embrace the inevitable communications transformation” at FutureComms on April 24, 2019 in New York City.
Key points in her talk include:
- How you can move your organization through communications transformation
- The areas you must focus on to transform your workforce communications and the skills required for a modern communications team
- Why transforming will elevate your career and make communications a driver of the business
Sonia’s Three Fun Facts
When we’re introducing new people at SocialChorus, they always reveal three fun facts to the entire organization. It helps break the ice and gives us a glimpse into their personality. Here are Sonia’s:
- She was Communications Director for her university chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA) — long before she knew there was such a thing as a career in Communications
- She’s ridden her bike from San Francisco to Los Angeles (525 miles) three times
- She maintains a sourdough starter, which requires monthly “feeding,” even though she doesn’t have a lot of time to bake sourdough bread these days
Meet Sonia and 400+ senior communicators from around the world at FutureComms. Register today.