Watch as Brett Lutz, VP of Global Communications at ADM details how his small but effective team developed, expanded and optimized their internal communications platform — and learn how you can too!
With over 40,000 employees, ADM had relied on email, focused primarily toward a US-based audience, and were technologically limited by a 2010 SharePoint intranet platform. They launched “ADM Inside News” on the SocialChorus FirstUp platform that radically changed how the 100-year-old company communicated.
“Within a month, we went from 1,800 people to 18,000 people looking at the content on a regular basis.”
Listen in on ADM’s journey, and how a small team of communicators was able to increase their employee reach by 10-fold in just one month by applying a few key techniques that you can employ at your own company, including:
- Committing to and aligning communications into one single source of truth
- Creating content channels to offer topics that employee will actually gravitate toward
- Understanding that external content is as valuable as internal content, and learning to integrate social media
- Knowing the value of user and executive generated content to make connections and form communities
- Giving employees a free voice and opportunity to express themselves
- Building global content that is customized and localized for your regional audiences
Brett explains how, even with a small team, they were able to optimize their communications platform and bring their employees into a shared experience.
VP of Global Communications at ADM
Sr. Strategic Advisor, SocialChorus